The process of either buying or selling all or part of a business is a complex one. We have worked with both large and small businesses to support them through this process, tailoring our advice to the their precise needs and resources. We have developed particular expertise in a wide variety of industry sectors ranging from traditional to cutting edge.
We understand not just the commercial and practical decisions that need to be made, but also the emotional and tactical ones and we will guide and support you on all these levels.
The following are some of the key aspects of the merger, acquisition and disposal processes on which we will support you:
- Preparation of your business either for the integration of a newly acquired operation or for disposal
- Advising all vested interests including shareholders, management, employees and key customers or suppliers on the implications of your proposed development
- Preparation of an Information Memorandum and supporting documentation
- High level and detailed research on possible transaction counter-parties
- Valuation of businesses
- Management of acquisition or sale processes
- Vendor and purchaser due diligence
- Transaction negotiation and finalisation
We will work closely with your existing advisers or, where required, introduce you to trusted partners, in areas such as taxation and law.
Some of our recent work includes:
- Advising the shareholder of a large oil distribution business on disposal of the business
- Advising a leading Dublin based medical technology business on the sourcing and execution of acquisitions in the UK